Re: [Celtics' Stuff the win

           Joe; I saw only the first and fourth quarters, so I'm only a half
less in the dark than you.
   What I did see, was a poor effort coming out of the gate and Eric
Williams coming in at about the 6 minute mark of an 11-4 deficit and score
six points with two assists and a rebound, in a few minutes, to get us up by
19-13. He played the game hard and unselfishly. He must have been some
inspiration, because the announcer noted that we had 20 fast break points,
at one point in the 4th Q.
   I heard the first few minutes on the radio and there must have been a
tape loop, because all I heard, over and over, was the announcer saying:
"Anderson pushes the ball." Needless to say, there was no one running with
him.
   Walker and Pierce are both out of control. They are going to get their
shots. They want to win, but they were  going to take their  shots. Pierce
had more turnovers (7) than rebounds and  assists combined.
   We won that game because Miami sucked. We played "Alphonse and Gaston"
for the last six minutes. Pierce made the big shot, a great play, to bail
out Anderson's foul, but any good team would have won going away. We had a
series of horrible, one-on -one, possessions, throughout the last half of
the quarter.
   With 20 seconds on the clock, a one point lead and Miami in bounding the
ball, I wondered why O'Brien had Anderson out there. A perfect time for
Palacio and his defense. A huge mistake on O'Bie's part. Anderson fouled and
Pierce bailed coach also, but it wasn't smart.
   1. This team will struggle until it becomes a team.
   2. An offense without the leadership of a true point guard, will stagnate
unless Walker returns to being the passing forward. This aspect of his game
has totally disappeared.
   Whoever discounted the impact of the All Star talk, may like to reassess
after this game. Walker and Pierce are gunning. It's ugly.
   On the bright side; they did hunker down on defense, although the only
player they needed to stop was Eddie Jones. Vitaly made things difficult for
the Heat inside. Erick Strickland and Eric Williams are players.
   As the season progresses, I'd like to see a shortened rotation. Eric,
Erick and V. off the bench and that's it. Bring Battie out to spell Walker
here and there, to go big and let Forte and Brown in, as the situations
allow. Perhaps they can spark a running unit, as Jessen has suggested. I'm
hoping Walter McCarty has the most severe toe injury in history.
   We are getting Orlando at the right time, but they are not nearly as bad
as the Heat and I expect, we will get blown out, unless we see more team
play.

              JB

                           Unchain My Heart!