Re: The World Game

> Depressing as hell, but the better team won the game. Hope my new home and
> adopted team (England) kick some butt in the World Cup next year.

The better team won the game?? I agree with this.

However, the game SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN PLAYED.

We were viciously attacked by a country of pure dogs, in my opinion the lowest
scum of this earth. Our players lives were threatend. Mark Viduka told the media
that they were told that they would "die". In the past this has meant the
cancellation of games AND/OR movement to a NEUTRAL ground. In this case nothing
was done about it. The players were harrassed all last night which led to them
having absolutely no sleep at all.

FIFA call it the world game and the World Cup? False advertising!!  Australia
win their qualifying group fair and square, get robbed of a late victory against
France who we had already beaten earlier in the year beat Uruguay in a fair game
and go over there only to be treated like animals by our hosts and get robbed
out of a victory.

Ah well, they can expect much worse on their next visit.

Also; why did FIFA give the match United Arab Emirate officials? After all of
the problems that Australia has had with them in the past twelve months there
was nothing forecoming.

My only problems with the match itself was that the last goal was clearly
off-side. (Rikobah before the ball had moved into the box was off-side). The
goalkeeper was given a yellow card (no penalty? Whynot? He got a yellow card!)
and a player got a yellow card for abusing an official (touching the official)
and they got the ball both times?