Tinsley and other ramblings

Looks like the Celtics really missed the boat on Tinsley as did almost
everyone else.
Even teams with some of the better points must be kicking themselves for
passing up this guy with the trade value of a guy like this. I know Tinsley
had some supporters on this list although they were outnumbered. I don't
follow College basketball as much as most of you so while I was hoping for
Tinsley and Woods -- especially when they were still there with our later
picks -- I bought into everything I heard from the team and from list members
and came away satisfied. Now it looks like I was at least half right.

But then it's often being said that we need to take a critical risk to get
that "superstar" and maybe that's what the drafting of Kedrick Brown is. If
Kedrick does develop and becomes a star or even a very good player it does
open up a world of trade possibilities involving him or other swingmen on
this team.  Before the B2B games against the Hawks, I watched Joe Johnson
play and said to myself "in a couple of years he could actually be our best
player!" then he went out and had a couple of typical rookie games. Johnson
has provided something we are badly in need of which is high percentage
shooting. If Kedrick can do that as well, and do it with flair (an overrated
but very marketable trait), he'd have tremendous value as a keeper or in
trade. One reason we got outrebounded so badly in the first Hawks game was
because there were so many more defensive rebounds available to them because
they missed so few shots while we missed plenty. I hope that Kedrick, and Joe
Forte, get a chance to play and develop otherwise we're going to regret
passing up Tinsley for a long, long time.

But then, EW will probably be back soon and then Johnson might join them on
the pine. <sigh>

George