FW: All Star voting

on 11/21/01 7:01 AM, Dan Forant at dforant1@nycap.rr.com wrote:

You get with the program. My point is if Pierce and Walker continue to throw
up shots without regard to team development the team will wind up in the
long run like last year. I agree they need to take the bulk of the offense
but many shots are street pick up game types. Between the two of them they
probably average 10 ill considered shots per game. This will work short
term, but it is an 82 game season.

Happy Holiday
DanF
      *********
  I'm with you Dan. I posted a week ago, that it was five ill advised shots,
each, per game, but why quibble?
  If this team is going to compete, our "stars" must incorporate their
skills into a team concept. Sooner or later, those who don't receive the
ball, ahead on the wings, will stop running. If they move/cut to an open
spot and don't get the ball, they will stop moving/cutting.  When a player
stops running/moving , he is often caught flat footed, going back on
defense. Could we already be seeing this with our centers? Against Indiana,
Battie and Vitaly had five points each in the first quarter. I don't think
they saw a pass the rest of the game. Could this be a reason they were so
passive in Atlanta?

   Josh, no need to get excited:

>"That is one of the dumbest things I've read here in a
> while.  How is Antoine "only a gunner" when he has the
> best assist and rebounding numbers of any power
> forward in the conference, nay, the league?"

   Dan voiced an opinion. Perhaps it was an exaggeration, perhaps you think
it's "one of the dumbest things I've read here in a
> while. "

  So be it, but  I think most of us can decide for our  selves, what is dumb
or overbearing.

             JB

                          Unchain My Heart!