Re: [Celtics' Stuff Re: Bo Outlaw + 1st rd pick to the Suns...

   Joe, I like Bo Outlaw as much as the next guy. He adds all of the
elements we are lacking, but, if by signing him, we lose the cap flexibility
to go out and get a great center, when Anderson's contract is up, after next
season, I say, hold on. Outlaw would help this team, but not to a
championship. Our only hope for that, is to clear enough space for a center
who can do it all.
   If rebounding is the curse, lets go get Michael "The Animal" Smith. He's
inexpensive and will pull down whatever is in the air.
   My own feeling about rebounding and defense, has been stated over and
over, by more astute observers than I. Yes, the feet are involved, but it's
in the mind, where these aspects of the game germinate. The will to defend
and rebound was absent in Atlanta, IMHO, not the abilities. We've seen this
before, in years past and it coincided with some mean losing streaks. Let's
hope this time, the players pull themselves up by their bootstraps.
   Wow, Lamar Odum, on the Celtics! What a thought. I suspect, as a player,
he's Joe Johnson with baggage. Let's pass.

              JB

                           Unchain My Heart!