Re: Bo Outlaw + 1st rd pick to the Suns...

Bo knows shotblocking, which is Boston's great weaknesss. And he's an
excellent defender, a career .578 shooter and a good offensive rebounder.
Not a bargain though, but at least you always know he'll work hard (except
on his FT shooting). Prior to the start of the season, I would have thought
this trade scenario (say Walter instead of Jud Buchler) would be both a
steal and an ideal fit.

An old pattern is re-emerging. Boston has been out-rebounded by 22 boards
in the last two games. Walker and Pierce can't continue averaging 20 a game
combined...there is no way.

I had a strong feeling the Atlanta series would be a split. Had we pulled
off the comeback on Saturday, I bet we would have blown the rematch this
Wednesday. Atlanta is not a pushover. Due to injuries, guys like Glover and
Mohammed have emerged to add even more depth to a team built around a tall
frontline with two more All Stars than Boston had last year (Shareef and
Theo) plus Kukoc. The Hawks just have a terrible point guard situation.

I guess you can blame our three centers for scoring only 4 points, but
offense wasn't the culprit on Saturday. The Celtics (103 points) scored
just above their season average because Milt and Strickland (32 points
combined) more than made up for Joe Johnson's 1-7 game.

What hurt Boston was defense and rebounding. Mohammed outrebounded our big
three combined and Boston blocked only one shot (by Joe Johnson).

Joe

p.s. FWIW, I think Lamar Odom might be the next ballplayer to go in a
firesale-type situation. I just hope its not to the Lakers or Philly. Its
just a hunch at this stage, but this is the kind of situation where you
might dangle Forte or Kedrick. Because of his drug problem its hard to tell
if Lamar will ever be more than a Billy Owens or Danny Manning, or if he'll
fit in on a team that already has Joe Johnson and Antoine.