Indy game

I don't know if I'm the only one, but after so many years of "tomorrow is a
new day" unbridled optimism in the face of sub-.500 records, its so strange
and typical of me to find myself reverting back to my standard emotional
state as a Boston sports fan (total pessimism and disbelief) now that our
Celtics are 5-2. I guess there really is some sort of genetic code passed
on at birth to Red Sox fans.

Last night the Celtics beat an Indy team playing at full strength. But
Indiana was also tired, whereas we hadn't played a game since Friday.
What's more, in order to pull away at the end, Boston actually needed the
new "Big Three" to each pitch remarkable, near "perfect games" while also
holding Indiana to a flukey .393FG% for the game.

I welcome this huge win, but I mean how often is that going to happen?
What's the rematch going to be like?

Yes Walker's shooting was actually less than perfect, but how often this
season is any NBA player going to reach 27 assists+rebounds like he did
last night? Will Shaq do it? Will Jason Kidd?

And to win this important ball game, we needed every last one of the new
"Big Three's" astonishing 77 points, 32 rebounds and 20 assists (only 7
turnovers). Look again at that freaking stat line. Did the 1980s "Big
Three" ever get 20 assists?

The 2002 Boston Celtics have outscored our first seven opponents by 7.3 per
game. Like any great Celtics team, we are currently second in the league in
fewest turnovers and have the fifth best rebounding team in basketball.

Oh, and Boston now officially has the leading Rookie of the Year candidate
and two early frontrunners to make the All Star game. If the still slumping
Antoine gets left off (11.7 boards, 6.3 assists) it would be criminal.

Last night's result was something I prayed for and anticipated all day. The
Indiana Pacers used to beat us like a drum during the Pitino era, and they
fully deserved to do just by being the smarter and more disciplined team.
They deserved it. But last night we toyed with them, teased them into
feeling like they were still in it, and then right on call we opened a
final can of serious whupass to put them out of their misery. Its very
exhilarating. Who wants next against these kids!? Bring on the Gaykers.

***