Re: Walker delivers

Alex wrote:

> But when he doesn't have that ability on a given night, he's
> won't be able to play this way from the low post. I think that's when he
> has to head back outside and yes, jack up some 3's, as painful as that is
> to many on the list, which opens up the lob pass to Pierce as well as
> getting some points on the board. This team requires Antoine to be a
> serious offensive threat to create enough opportunities for everyone else.

Nice going Alex. Just when everybody was in a great mood you have to mention
3 pt. shots.

> 2. Two of the major beneficiaries of Walker's passing were a healthy Kenny
> Anderson and Joe Johnson, neither of which was available last year.

You know I hate Kenny Anderson. I'd like nothing more than to see him sent
packing. But I have to admit that if he can keep playing like this. You just
hate having to depend on Kenny. But maybe I'm wrong.

>I wrote
> earlier that these two guys may be able to take the pressure off Walker.
> There were a couple of plays where the ball just whipped around the court
> through these guys. Having three guys who can handle the ball and pass
like
> this really opens up the offense. My hope is that as the year progresses,
> we're going to see Anderson and Johnson be able to create more offensive
> opportunities for Antoine too, so that if his one-on-one matchup isn't so
> good, he'll be a threat without having to toss up so many 3's.

And this gets us right to the Chris Wallace quote in this morning's Globe.
You all read it but it's so moving, here it is again:

''I think Antoine is team-oriented. I don't think there's anybody out there
in the league who wants to win more than he does. What we have to do as a
team is get more potent offensively away from Antoine and Paul. So there's
less pressure on those guys, and also they feel more trust in the rest of
the cast on the offensive end.''

OK, I'm all weepy now. I love Chris Wallace. I really do. And how about this
one. Let's all read it out loud, together:

''We think Antoine is making progress in all those areas. I go back to last
year, when he was so good in the month of March, when Paul was going on his
scoring binges and was named NBA Player of the Month. Antoine had a
tremendous amount to do with that."

I wish I could hear our Little French Poodle read that in the "language of
love."

But enough of this crap. You know Antoine hates Paul! The selfish bastard
had nothing to do with Pierce's success last year. Nothing! God, what a rube
that Wallace is!

Paul M.