RE: One sour note...

-----Original Message-----
From: j.hironaka [mailto:j.hironaka@unesco.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 9:41 AM
To: kelticsfan@home.com; Celtics@igtc.com
Subject: RE: One sour note...

<And, BTW, can't we activate Forte and put Eric Williams on the IR, since
he's reportedly out until next Wednesday? I hope that's what we did today.>

Joe, I hope so too.  The offense sure could have used a healthy dose of
Forte when Palacio and Anderson were struggling to make wide open 17 footers
last night.  I do hope that O'Brien gives this guy a legitimate chance to
perform.  I envision wonderful things happening with Antoine, Paul, JJ and
Forte on the court at once.  Forget about this "not playing him until he is
a point guard" nonsense.  The guy can grow and help this team by being on
the floor.  Hell Dennis Johnson and Ainge were the furthest thing from true
point guards but they got the job done.

Now is not the time to trade him.  Boston finally has accumulated some
talent to compliment Pierce and Walker.  K. Brown, Forte, JJ, Walker and
Pierce is a solid foundation to build on.  Boston will pick in the late
lottery to mid first round this year and must focus on finding either a
talented bruiser or point guard to add to that core.  I am thinking out
three years.  A starting lineup of Walker, Pierce, JJ, Forte and choice of
center looks pretty darn formidable and alot like the Bucks.  K. Brown
coming in as a 6th man along with solid contributions from as of yet to be
drafted players puts Boston in the championship hunt in my opinion.

That said, I wonder if Memphis is interested in a Forte for Stromile Swift
deal?  Wallace thought Swift was the most gifted player out of last year's
weak draft and Memphis could use some help at the 2 behind Dickerson and
with Gasol supplanting Swift at the 4.  I would like to see them make a run
at Swift, but not at the expense of Forte.  Maybe Philly's pick?