Re: Walker is Dyno-mite!

> I think the common thing that links all these
> successful undersized teams is that they have great
> point guard play or the offense is run through the
> point guard.  Baron Davis, Latrell Sprewell, J. Kidd,
> they are all light years ahead of Kenny nowadays but
> this is because Pitino and Obie have not really given
> him full rein of the team's offense.

I was with you Ryan, right up 'til this one. Give Kenny free rein? Even Mark
Berry is scared.

>It's always
> Pierce or Walker with the ball.

Thank God.

>It stands to reason
> that since his arrival in Boston, Kenny has not been
> able to fully show what he can do.  I mean he's not
> gonna score 20 points a game anymore but the guy can
> still pass and penetrate.

That's not why the Blazers gave him up for "Shorty."

>He was dominant in New
> Jersey (albeit he was in his prime) and in Portland he
> was doing decently until they decided to go with youth
> in Stoudamire.

Wrong. They shipped him out for someone who is a better defender at 5'10"
and who can run the court better than Kenny and can create/pass better than
Kenny. To be honest, he sees the court better than Kenny - at 5'10"!  A lot
of people aren't thrilled with Damon's point guard play but they aren't
wishing for the good old days with Kenny in control. They couldn't wait to
get rid of Anderson. The right move.

Paul M.