Re: shot selection

At 19:55 04/11/01 -0500, Steve and Michelle Ouellette wrote:
>Anyone want to take a bet that no one in the NBA will take 29 or more
>shots this year and make six or fewer in a game?
>
>STEVE

Hi Steve, I remember thinking after that game that I'd occasionaly seen a
top player get held to 2/10 in a game, maybe an ugly 3/15...or even 4/20 I
suppose. But I've never seen anyone other than Antoine maintain that
shooting percentage into the high 20s when clearly nothing was working.
Remember, he was shooting 4-27 at one stage and open shots weren't finding
any part of the net. This was the equivalent of a six strikeout game. It
was beyond quirky.

Leave it to Antoine to come off the bench and score a three and an
offensive putback in the closing minutes. This guy obviously is blessed
with a memory of ten seconds tops. 3-point airball on your last possession?
No problemo....gimme the ball. Walker can block out every rational reason
to ease up a little on his shooting when nothing is going right. By
"rational" I mean such thoughts as fear of hurting your team, fear of
pissing off your teammates and fans, fear of being laughed at by your peers
when they see the boxscore the next day, and so on. This guy has the memory
of a gold fish. And the weird thing is we almost won the game in the last
three minutes, and he stepped up to make some of the biggest plays.

***