Johnson and Brown...

Joe Johnson and Kedrick Brown both played well in a losing effort tonight.
Johnson's shot was falling as he went 9-12 from the field, scoring 23
points and adding 4 assists.  A fine game.

Kedrick's performance was a little more subtle.  Inserted by Jim O'Brien
out of desperation in the third quarter, he was on the floor when the
Celtics cut the Bucks lead from 15 to 4.  Those were his only 6 minutes of
the game, and he did not take a shot.  But, he did not look out of place
at either end of the floor.  Ray Allen scored 3 buckets against Brown, but
Brown made him work for them.  He also made a nice steal and showed a good
ability to close with his man QUICKLY after going around a screen.
Offensively, he seemed reluctant to shoot, but he did move the ball well,
picking up 2 "routine" assists.

I hope Jim "I'd rather use Williams, Strickland, and McCarty then the
rookies" O'Brien learns from this and starts finding minutes for Brown.
McCarty in particular should not be ahead of Kedrick in the rotation.

If the Celtics had an actual offense, instead of relying on Walker and
Pierce 1 on 1 70-80% of the time, they could be 4-0 right now.

Michael