Hey there.

> I would argue that assuming that other celtics could make up for
> decreased scoring work by Antoine is hardly a forgone conclusion. Look
> at the players you mention: Forte, Pierce, Johnson and Kenny.

Hmm I have to wonder if you actually watched all the games or just looked
at the box score.

Walker shoots MANY MANY bad shots.
Not just shots where the clock is running down and we need someone to create
a shot.... In fact if he touches the ball he can never resist the temptation
to shoot
before the last second. Its Kenny or Pierce who end up doing that.

Walker has a ego problem:
He shoots when there are open men and he has two or three people guarding
him.
He will push the ball down the court into traffic and throws up horrendous
shots.
He tries to dribble around guards and throw up bricks or gets the ball taken
away.
He will shoot tough shots with 15 seconds left on the shot clock...

Your argument that we need Walker to shoot 10-30 or 6-29 is entirely
groundless.
Other players like Battie, Anderson or Potapenko percentages might slip if
they
were forced to shoot more..but certainly they can get shots, especially if
you run
plays for them.

Anderson can set up Battie or Potapenko at will...a few picks...and bam easy
jumpshot for these guys. We don't need to run isolations for Walker..he is
brick layer extraordinare. Pierce should be the offensive goto guy.

Box scores don't show how bad Walker decision making is...
In fact Kenny is the kind of scorer you seem to imagine Walker is right now.
He basically just shoots at the second if things have broken down, or if he
beats
his man off the dribble, and then he is nearly always fouled.  And yeah he
shoots
a low percentage but he isn't painful to watch. Walker literally can make you
cringe. He is like in his own universe. He makes 20 or so plays each game
that
makes you say...why did he do that?!!?

No one else on the Celtics do that, heck no one else in the NBA does that.

Face it...Walker is a problem right now.  You have to be blind not to see
that.
His game is fine..his ego is just out of control. Right now his play isn't
helping
the Celts that much.

Its a weird thing with him..he has Bird like..with the decision making
of Stackhouse on his worst night every game.  Now Joe Johnson..he knows
how to play Basketball.

Pete