re: Celts-Bulls

> From: Kestas <Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu>
>
> The bad:
> We got outrebounded and outshot. Guess who, again,  played a big part in
> the latter statistic?
>
> Surprise, surprise ... Before Toine's defenders commit assault and battery
> on me, let me just say that his stat line tonight is really deceiving as
> an
> indicator of how good a game he's had.

Ain't that just *always* the way?  Stats are fine unless they don't say
what *I* want them to say.  No, Kestas, I'm not suggesting you're actually
saying that.  You're correct in pointing out Walker's weakness at shot
selection.  I suggest he's getting better and will probably continue to do
so ... at the slow pace it is going at right now.  I admit, I was
surprised at his line: he didn't play as well as that -- at first glance.
But this is a strange new place we are in, where Kenny Anderson plays well,
  Eric Williams is a great defender, and Mark Blount gets plenty of minutes.

I just can't agree as to the severity of the problem: yes, Walker could
pass more, but if you think he's going to take less than 20 shots a game
with this coach or anytime soon, well, I guess I'd just have to disagree.
"Pig-headed and puerile"?  Points for alliteration (as well as any
non-melon-related-head reference), but I wouldn't use those words.  He's
definitely in a slump, but he'll go on at least one or two tears this
season -- probably at the end of the season, win a few games by himself,
help the team.  You know, the usual.

And of course this statement:

>  It's OK to be in a shooting
> slump. It's NOT OK to be averaging 23 shot attempts while in a slump.

borders on the ridiculous.  Shooters shoot themselves out of slumps.  I
think you can make a case for Walker not being a "shooter" -- hmmm, maybe,
  but try convincing him or his coach of that.  Remember, Eric Williams is
our starting shooting guard, a "great defender", and the backup power
forward, to boot.  Oh, and none of our Center Troika has nearly enough
non-rebounding ability or finesse to play the 4.   Oh, and Walter McCarty
makes the 12-man roster.  Good luck.

(The Celtic "Tird")