RE: [Celtic_Pride] Gasol etc.

> From: "Berry, Mark  S" <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>
> Subject: RE: [Celtic_Pride] Gasol etc.
>
> of 7-foot, quick forwards on this team... Moiso and McCarty and suddenly
> every skilled 7-footer is persona non grata? Seems to me the forwards on
> this team have been Toine, Pierce and Eric Williams, and we've been
> undersized forever.

I share your concern. I always wonder why OB didn't play Pot AND Blount at the
same time , with AW bombing at the 3, and Pierce at 2 and Palacio at 1 - during
last season. Moiso could have gotten minutes backing up Pot at PF and Blount at
C (I don't care, throw Moiso into the fire, milk his salary for the 6 fouls
every game at least) Hopefully, next season, a healthy Battie + Moiso + Pot +
Blount + #10 pick will give us the size needed.

> One area where Wallace seems to have been strong in the past is
> Europe, so I'm willing to trust his judgment.

Mark, could you give some (euro) names, I am curious.
I thought Wallace discovered or was high only on below players:

Bruce Bowen
Andre Miller
Shawn Marion
Josip Sesar (what up with him? is he coming? we used 2 picks on him!!)
Andrian Griffin
Alvin Williams + Sean Marks

> Of course, it's sounding more
> and more like Gasol might not even be there. But I'll say this... if it
> comes down to drafting a 7-1 SF/PF or the 6-8 SF/PF Rodney White, then White
> better clearly be better. Size matters, and the Celtics need size at just
> about every position.

In general size does matter but not the most important. I saw Malik Rose (6-7)
battled Shaq in Spur's losing cause. Malik play Shaq better than "softy" Mr
Robinson. Now if size is really the only concerned, Popovich would have used
Shanell Scott (6-10) or Samaki Walker (6-11) on Shaq.

To me "basketball instincts" counts the most. Look at Iverson, he's got it. He
plays bigger than 6-1 (he looks closer to 6-0). Look at Montross (7-0), no clue
at all (even tho he is altheletic)

cheers
kevin