Cleveland considering Gasol at 8

I don't know if this is good news or bad news.  Having heard that Gasol
wouldn't come this year if he didn't get picked in the top five ("do the
arithmatic")
I assumed he would be there for us at ten.  The top three are locks, Chicago
can't afford a developing player, and Atlanta wants Battier and already has
a thin
seven foot european small forward.  Since I assumed that Vancouver, NJ,
Cleveland,
and Detroit can't afford to wait, I figured he would be there for the
taking.  Since he
may not be, that means that Joe Johnson may be there for us.  Zach Randolph
and
Joe Johnson, anyone?  Or if Johnson doesn't drop, Tyson Chandler or Dasagana
Diop
should.

BTW, apropos of today's workouts...do you ever wonder at how they workout a
point guard?
Having him shoot and run drills is about as informative as having a center
run a three on one
break -- which I had to watch Shaq do the other night.  "I will now light
myself on fire," as
Bill Simmons says.