Re: Cleveland considering Gasol at 8

We're going to read a lot about Gasol over the next four weeks, but as the
draft gets closer, he'll slide just a little because of contractual concerns
or teams' need of instant gratification. He certainly may be gone before the
Celtics pick, but I'll be stunned if it's in the top five. I'm really hoping
he gets to Boston. Anyone else picturing a slightly taller Keith Van
Horn/Tom Chambers type with Gasol? Everyone talks about his fondness for
driving and dunking, and that's what I'm picturing. That kind of player
really would be a steal at 10.

There is so much talk about teams trading out of the top four picks-I hope
the Celts are at least considering it. I've said several times that Eddy
Curry or Kwame Brown would be worth any player on the roster, but other
packages-Brand and 4 for Toine and 10-might be worth pursuing. This was a
terrible time to go into this draft with a new "braintrust." I just don't
see them having the guts to make a bold move like that.

Mark