No Subject

I think the Cs need 3 things and must satisfy at least 2 in this draft:

1.  BIG rebounder/low post defender (would've thought Fortson would fit
this bill nicely, but he was too foul and injury prone).
2.  PG -- either to replace Kenny or back up Palacio.
3.  Wing shooter to replace Stith and provide the 3rd scoring option.

<<I think you're talking:

C - No one you would want, but someone might make a
mistake ahead of the Celtics, and take Haywood or Woods.>>

I disagree.  I think Haywood would be a nice pick.  I'm amused by the
hopeful Parish comparisons and disparaging Montross comparisons I've seen,
which all seem to be based primarily on the fact that all 3 are 7 footers
who've worn uniform #00.   Haywood has size and skill and on this team he
wouldn't need to be a focal point -- just play solid low post D and
rebound.  He's 3 inches taller than Zach Randolph and doesn't seem like
any more of a head case.  If both are available, I'd consider taking both.
 Highest priority has to be woefully deficient rebounding.

Woods' history of back problems and slimmer physique scare me.

<<PF - Zach Randolph, Michael Bradley, Pau Gasol, Troy Murphy>>

Hard to call either Murphy or Gasol a true PF based on their games.
Bradley would be a nice pick if they can get a PG and a true C elsewhere
and they're making other roster moves (e.g., Battie trade).  I've no
objection to Randolph as a "risk" pick, as long as there's a surer thing
afoot (e.g., Haywood or Tinsley).

<<SF - Rodney White,>>

I like this one.  It'd be interesting to see Antoine playing with Antoine
Jr.

<<SG - Jason Richardson, Joe Johnson, Joe Forte>>

Don't think we have a prayer of getting Richardson.  I know nothing of
Johnson, though the Pippen comparisons are intriguing -- he seems to be
one of those guys who could be gone at 8 or last until 21.  Forte -- I'm
petrified.  Love the pedigree, question the size, experience and D.  Will
he be the next Dumars or the next Randolph Childress?

<<PG - Maybe Parker or Tinsley, if both of their stock rises.
Otherwise, pick 21 is a perfect spot for the Celtics to nab
one of these guys or Maddox from Fresno State.>>

I'd watch Tinsley's workouts very, very carefully and solicit input from
Walker and Pierce (I'm hoping the C's do this anyway -- these guys are the
cornerstones of the team and it can't hurt to get their ideas on who best
complements their games).  If he's a starter-caliber PG a la Andre Miller,
take him at 10/11.  Otherwise, forget it and go with Palacio/Herren.

Didn't Maddox go back to school?

At 21, what do you all think of Alvin Jones or Omar Cook?