Re: Peter May on Pau Gasol; Mark Cofman Advocates A Trade

> > ** Original Subject: FW: Peter May on Pau Gasol; Mark Cofman Advocates A Trade
> > ** Original Sender: Ellie Cutler <ellie@oreilly.com>
> > ** Original Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 09:59:15 -0700
>

> >All well and good, but who could possibly be the "veteran help" they
> > need?

Since Chris Wallace has prominently mentioned the idea of trading the picks, there's
obviously something and someone out there.

> The writers all sound like there's a cherry tree full of them, but I
> > can't think of an available player who would a) want to come to Boston, b)
> > be a good influence, c) not require Pierce or Walker, and d) that their
> > team would take Anderson off our hands to boot.  Maybe I'm missing
> > something here, but who are these ultra-desirable veterans?

Hard to say. Sign and trade for a free agent not named Chris Webber,
maybe.

>  Well I guess
> > Terrell Brandon, as the wolves need draft picks, but who wants him when
> > they could really line up their ducks with a kid like Tinsley?

Will Tinsley be anything more than an average
NBA starting point guard?  I'm not in favor of using the 10/11
pick on him, as there will be an interesting PG prospect at 21.

>   And if
> > they could get Gasol, it would be like having 2 picks next year (or
> > whenever he becomes available).

Gasol sounds good to me. If the Celtics do make a trade, I would
not be shocked to see Moiso included in the deal.
Ray