Yao Ming will enter draft...

I was watching CNN sports and the reporter said that Yao Ming will enlist
himself in the coming draft but would play next year still...

What's that mean???

Like, he could be the No. 1 overall but won't play NBA ball until 2002???
If that's the case it's kinda a gamble for lottery teams to do that
considering everybody needs somebody to make a contribution right away but
in a long term planning, it might be a gamble worth doin'.

Should we get excited about this or what???

Jaims