RE: [Celtic_Pride] Re: I've Found A Point Guard For The Celtics

A couple of points... Rookie contracts pretty much tie a player in for five
years now, so you have more time with these projects. Also, if Portland and
Toronto didn't know what they had, that's their problem. Any basketball
"expert" who couldn't see that Tracy McGrady was about to explode should
lose his job. If the picks can land us a Bibby or someone like that-an
established potential all-star who will mature with the team, then great.
But if it's Terrell Brandon, who is aging, injury prone and
expensive-although admittedly talented-I'll take my chances with the picks.
It's a talent league, and you don't pass up a McGrady or Kobe Bryant because
they won't help "next year."

Mark