re:

>  From: Steve Knight <Steve.Knight@t-3.com>
>
>My question is this: In other words, is he getting cheap or legit assists?

"Cheap" or "legit" assists...hmmm... .

While I think I know what you're saying, do you cancel a shot because
a guy was cherry picking?  Take the basket away when you don't hear
the guy say "bank"?

The "assist" is a good statistic, but doesn't measure all the "good
passes" that occur in a game, either.  To actually answer your
question, he of course gets both, just like every other NBA player.

>If Walker ever becomes a more efficient scorer and learns how to get to the
>foul line a la Pierce, look out NBA.

I often think that Walker's bullish drives to the basket are attempts
at this.  Other players get that call when they similarly drive to
the hoop.  In other words, the subjective refs have an enormous
amount to do with this.  You might say Walker could learn to
cultivate a relationship with the officials in order to get calls, I
guess.  But I think things like how refs perceive events like being
stabbed in the off-season effect how they make calls on the court.

>My
>vote is to let Walker/Pierce mature together and build a team that will
>complement their strengths and cover up for their defensive weaknesses.

Agreed.  That's about it.

Regards,

Bill

Celticus "Tirdius"