re: Assists

>From: "Jim Meninno" <Jim_Meninno@hotmail.com>
>
>Antoine has more assists than any forward in the league other than Jalen
>Rose because he handles the ball more.  He handles the ball more because he
>does it better.  His size lets him make passes that many point guards can't
>and he has the ability to create opportunities for others by penetrating.
>Note: I'm not talking hypothetically about things that he can do, but
>doesn't.  These are things he's been doing all year.  Hence that fact that
>he's second in  the league in assists among forwards.

I agree with Jim's post, but I didn't want to just add a "me,too".

First, Jalen Rose has been playing the point for Thomas, for how
long, I don't know, maybe all year.  Maybe it's had a small effect on
his assist numbers.  Maybe he shouldn't be consider just a "forward",
I don't know.

Secondly, I did think of another area in which Antoine could improve,
lest ye think all is hunky-dory (it's just better than the first 35
games of this year and all other years): I wish Walker would make
better decisions in the open court.  Sometimes, he's got the exact
right pass.  Other times ... not so much.

Regards,

Bill

Celtic "Tird"