re: 6 for 21? 2 for 10??

Hi, Gene.

>From: "Gene Kirkpatrick" <GKIR@tjc.tyler.cc.tx.us>
>
>Am I reading the box correctly?  Walker shot that poorly?  That's all
>too common and it little matters that he nearly had a triple double.
>He takes too many shots and too many threes for him to be helping the
>team.

You're being too hard on him, imo, Gene.  The man had a near triple
double (for those that care, a guy misses one by one point, or one
rebound, or one assist, or whatever, and in _my_ mind, at least, he
gets it); he only had two turnovers; most importantly, the team won
the game.  I say: good damn job, Toine.  Hope to see more of it.

Yes, 2-11 from downtown is a bad percentage.  How is it that when
people criticize Walker for shooting threes when he's on (like the
Portland game, for instance), it's always "the percentage doesn't
matter; he's just taking too many"?  You shoot the three, you're
going to have bad nights.  If you can beat the other team on those
nights, so much the better.

>It's not that
>Walker doesn't contribute, it's that he hurts as much as he helps.
>Stith and Vitaly contribute more for the roles they play.

This is what I mean -- I don't see this at all.  Looks to me as if we
have two budding perennial All-Stars who are probably only going to
improve come next year.  And yes, Walker is one of them.

Regards,

Bill

Celtic "Tird"