RE: first impressions

> ** Original Subject: RE: first impressions
> ** Original Sender: "John Lyell" <johnlyell@hotmail.com>
> ** Original Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 22:42:35 -0800

> ** Original Message follows...

> Williams took over against UCLA. He will go top 5.

Keeps repeating that he's not coming out.

> Lonnie Baxter of Maryland has been dominant inside. I like Juan Dixon and
> Earl Watson also

Watson is a backup; Dixon ain't no Francis; Baxter might be Oakleyish.

> I like Gadzuric, he's a good rebounder and shot blocker, but he doesn't seem
> to bring it every night

Someone will take him in the teens - maybe even the Celtics.

> The Collins twins are stiffs as are Chenowith & Woods.

Chenowith is better than you think. Woods is lottery because of his talent;
both Collins will go in the top thirty picks.

 Sam Clancy of USC is
> a big strong guy but I think he is only 6'7" and has not been to spectacular
> this year.  Not a lot of bigman talent in this tournament. Who knows what
> Chandler, Curry, Diop, and the Chinese bring.

The best highschooler is Kwame Brown. Diop is rawer than unwashed celery.
Don't forget the Bo Outlaw clone Cisse. Ming is top three.

> Jacobsen is a good outside shooter but I don't think he is coming.

Stanford players are usually overrated.

> Marvin O'Conner of St. Josephs and Troy Bell of BC looked good. Kapono
> reminds me of Tracy Murray. Maybe a good 3 point shooter but too many
> weaknesses elsewhere.

O'Conner and Jameer Nelson both seem to have NBA talent.
Troy Bell is between Randolph Childress and Jason Terry.
Ray