Re: Maybe Pitino Was Right

IMO Pitino miscalculated Mercer's value in the open market and assumed that if he doesn't sign the offers from Boston on an extension he wouldn't sign a contract. Obviously the Market for Mercer dwindled in his last year, and he could be had for whatever Chicago paid to get him. By being patient, we could have kept Mercer. Also, there is no question between Pierce & Mercer, PP is a vastly superior player. The thing is unless a team has an absolutely dominant player like Shaq, it will need  3 very good players to make any impact. Philly probably is an exception but let's see how far they go in the playoffs.

My point about Chauncey is that I would rather have than the pg's we have now. He may not be a true pg but between him, Walker and another backup point they could handle the ball handling chores. - Mishra

Do You Yahoo!?

Do You Yahoo!?