Re: [Celtic_Pride] "To the point."

If there are teams that want KA, I say they should let him go. I doubt if he will ever adjust with the team. IMO we need a pseudo pg who can play great defense and get the ball to our two scorers. Hey a big guard like Chauncy Billups at this point in his career would work for me. - Mishra

  Jim Metz <JBMetzEA@hotMail.com> wrote:

    Below  is an excerpt from today's Steve Bullpet article in the "Boston
Herald." From Anderson's perspective, he gives a deeper view, of the point
guards role, or lack of, in O'Brien's system.
   I personaly am mystified when veteran Celtics watchers say that Anderson
does not like the running game, but prefers the half court. My own
impressions are the opposite.
   When Anderson came here, the team ran for a few weeks(and looked very
good), then Kenny was hurt. The most obvious beneficiary of the fast break
passes was Antoine. Antoine came into camp the next season very heavy and
did not want to run.
   Anderson's leadership from the point became an issue and conflict arose,
which came to a head with Antoine screaming for the ball at the three point
line in Miami, which led to Anderson sitting out the next game.
JB
            ********************************

   ``The way they're playing and things like that, I don't think they're
going to adjust to me. I have to adjust to them. I'm a professional and I've
been in the league long enough to understand that.''
The 30-year-old in his 10th season said he does not feel unwanted, but that,
``I've said all along and I'll say it again. The only reason I'm here, and
you can take this the way you want it, the only reason I was here was
because Rick Pitino was here. So that speaks for itself.''
Anderson knows the C's talked about trading him and his contract (two years
left at a little more that $17.5 million total) before the February
deadline. He said there were some possibilities.
``There's still some interest in Kenny Anderson,'' he said. ``If they want
me out of here bad enough, there's ways you can get it done, but it just
didn't happen.''
He said that's not necessarily what he's asking for.
``It's not a bad situation,'' Anderson said. ``I think a lot has to do with
not being able to play this year. You've just got to be team oriented and
try to just do what's best for the team, but then at the same time you're
taking hits like, `Oh, you ain't being Kenny Anderson. Why you ain't?'
Because I'm doing what's asked from me from this organization and from the
team. That's why.
``I tried to do what's best for the organization and sometimes it probably
wasn't best for me to try to rush back. That's just in my nature. I don't
like to sit out. I came back after getting my wires (for the fractured jaw)
off one day. I had one practice, guys were out, no point guard, so I tried
to come back not in the best of shape, but I tried to sacrifice myself for
the organization. I don't feel no regrets or bitterness, I just want to be
in a productive situation for Kenny Anderson. I feel I still got mad years
in the league.''
That's mad as in good, not angry, which he said he isn't.

  Copyright by the Boston Herald

     Unchain My Heart!

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
www.debticated.com