"To the point."

Title: "To the point."
   Below  is an excerpt from today's Steve Bullpet article in the "Boston Herald." From Anderson's perspective, he gives a deeper view, of the point guards role, or lack of, in O'Brien's system.
   I personaly am mystified when veteran Celtics watchers say that Anderson does not like the running game, but prefers the half court. My own impressions are the opposite.
   When Anderson came here, the team ran for a few weeks(and looked very good), then Kenny was hurt. The most obvious beneficiary of the fast break passes was Antoine. Antoine came into camp the next season very heavy and did not want to run.
   Anderson's leadership from the point became an issue and conflict arose, which came to a head with Antoine screaming for the ball at the three point line in Miami, which led to Anderson sitting out the next game.
JB
           ********************************

  ``The way they're playing and things like that, I don't think they're going to adjust to me. I have to adjust to them. I'm a professional and I've been in the league long enough to understand that.''
The 30-year-old in his 10th season said he does not feel unwanted, but that, ``I've said all along and I'll say it again. The only reason I'm here, and you can take this the way you want it, the only reason I was here was because Rick Pitino was here. So that speaks for itself.''
Anderson knows the C's talked about trading him and his contract (two years left at a little more that $17.5 million total) before the February deadline. He said there were some possibilities.
``There's still some interest in Kenny Anderson,'' he said. ``If they want me out of here bad enough, there's ways you can get it done, but it just didn't happen.''
He said that's not necessarily what he's asking for.
``It's not a bad situation,'' Anderson said. ``I think a lot has to do with not being able to play this year. You've just got to be team oriented and try to just do what's best for the team, but then at the same time you're taking hits like, `Oh, you ain't being Kenny Anderson. Why you ain't?' Because I'm doing what's asked from me from this organization and from the team. That's why.
``I tried to do what's best for the organization and sometimes it probably wasn't best for me to try to rush back. That's just in my nature. I don't like to sit out. I came back after getting my wires (for the fractured jaw) off one day. I had one practice, guys were out, no point guard, so I tried to come back not in the best of shape, but I tried to sacrifice myself for the organization. I don't feel no regrets or bitterness, I just want to be in a productive situation for Kenny Anderson. I feel I still got mad years in the league.''
That's mad as in good, not angry, which he said he isn't.

  Copyright by the Boston Herald

Unchain My Heart!