Re: [Celtic_Pride] "...with those Memphis blues again."

Title: Re: [Celtic_Pride] "...with those Memphis blues again."
on 3/19/01 9:59 AM, OzerskyJA at OzerskyJA@cmog.org wrote:

I really have to say here that I don't like Kenny's game,
and I wish Chris Herren hadn't hurt his ankle.  Still, as
long as Kenny only plays spot minutes against the spurs,
we might have a chance.  Basically he's useless this year.
-   I knew that Josh, from past disscusions on the same topic, which is why I mentioned it in the first place. It was news, only because you seemed to praise him.
   Of course he's been useless this year, who can deny it, but last season is not so long ago and he really did play well. If we had his mid-range jumper and occasional three going for us, it would be harder to double and triple Antoine in the post. Has anyone considered the impact of Kenny's dissapearance on the diminishing of Antoine's inside game? Do we have anyone else who can hit that jumper from on top?
   An other aspect of Anderson's game, that would help a great deal, is his ability to get the ball to Vitaly or Battie in scoring position. When is the last time we have seen that? Vitaly is now often stationed three feet outside his range, at the top of the key.
   I have no great hopes that Kenny or even Battie will contribute this season, but in phantasizing about what chance we would have in the playoffs, it comes down to needing the skills that they are, or at least once were, capable of giving: Anderson: protect the ball, hit the slasher going to the hoop, hit the open jumper, protect the ball. Battie: rebounding, shot blocking, the turnaround in the lane, speed down the floor, rebounding.
   I can't guarantee that we will be any better with Anderson and Battie in the line-up, but we are going no where with Palacio and Blount as starters.
   I can dream can't I?

-

Unchain My Heart!