Re: Mixed reaction

In a message dated 3/14/01 1:37:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Douglas342@AOL.com writes:

    Pierce ties his career high with 42, but goes 13-21 at the line and the
Cs fall to a depleted (Bryant, Rider) Laker squad.  I really don't know how
to react. I expect enough of this team that maybe they can pull this one
out,
so am disappointed, but happy that they stayed in a game that was,
probably,
a consensus loss going in.  Can we still have good losses?

Can we still have good losses? I guess so, but this wasn't one and neither
was the Philly loss. If we are going to make the playoffs -- barring a total
Pacer collapse -- we have to win about 3 or 4 games that we aren't expected
to win. Playing Philly without Iverson for a half and playing the Lakers
without Bryant are two such games. There aren't that many games left. How can
we call it a good loss when we let Fisher come off IR to light us up for
CAREER HIGHS in points & steals? Our ball handling was often sloppy/careless
and our foul shooting pathetic.

As for tanking -- as another poster suggested -- that would be devastating to
the team. Should we continue to stumble over the next few games there may be
no need for tanking -- things might fall apart on their own especially if the
Pacers snap out of it. The Pacers have the easier schedule so it's an uphill
fight.

Looking at some of the mock drafts if we could actually get Tinsley & Murphy
or Tinsley & Battier in the teens I'd be happy. I just don't think Tinsley
will be there.

George