Re: the kind of players I'm thinking of

Everyone on your list looks good to me.  However, I
don't see why we didn't make a push for Rod
Strickland.  Boy would he help right now.  There
appears to be consensus that we need a scorer who also
can create for his teammates and play D.  A PERFECT
acquisition would have been Latrell Sprewell.  We
shoulda fought the Knicks for him but our management
is afraid to take any chances on these "risky"
players.  Which is why I doubt Gaston will even push
for Larry Hughes or Sam Cassell type players with
questionable attitdues.

Personally, I wouldn't be disappointed if management
could somehow move Kenny, a throw-in, and a pick for
Vin Baker and then draft at the PG position.  Then
we'd be a playoff team on paper for next year.  I
remember way back when the Knicks had THREE mid-level
draft picks in one year.  They held onto them instead
of trading, and if I remember correctly drafted
McCarty and 2 other duds.

Players we should hold onto:  Walker, Pierce, Stith,
Potapenko, Battie.  Everyone else should be fair game.