Re: Walker at PF?

Why do you bother to respond if you can't be bothered to read the original
post? THIS is what I find annoying on this list, NOT someone who honestly
disagrees. (Feel free to take notes, Anonymous).

If you actually read the post it is not a bash on Walker but (put most
simply) it is an attempt to figure out how to better help Walker ON THE
COURT. I advocate giving him a bigger, taller supporting cast rather than
the current shorter, smaller one.

Is that so difficult to understand? Now do you see the point of the
discussion? If so then please explain to me how such a discussion represents
a 'bashing'?

Since in your words Walker 'does everything' then some of those smaller
players may actually be redundant. How do you think Larry Brown unlocked
Iverson's potential, discovered Eric Snow and Aaron McKie or revitalized
George Lynch? He tried different combinations (in Iverson and Snow's case a
combination that ran counter to 'common sense') to find what worked and in
the process worked to instill confidence in what had previously been
marginal players. That's precisely what we have not done here in Boston. (As
was commented on earlier - when was the Twon at SF experiment conducted?)
We've got a roster of 'marginal players' whose confidence is shot and at
least one star player who has yet to find his defensive niche. Are we asking
so much when we ask that Twon get some help not in bringing the ball up the
court etc but rather in keeping opposing big men off the glass etc? What
better time to experiment with Twon at PG (for example) since that position
is currently manned by CBA refugees? Again, why is this 'bashing'?

cheers -TomM