Re: Point guard

----- Original Message ----- From: Hironaka <j.hironaka@unesco.org>

> Okay, what's the deal on the luxury tax? My understanding is 1) Richard
> Pond has said that the Boston Celtics will not pay one cent of luxury
> tax next season; 2) it is a one dollar tax on every dollar you are over
> the salary cap. Is that how it works?

"The deal" on the luxury tax can be found at this link from Patricia
Bender's site...
http://www.members.home.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#15

Basically, no team pays any luxury tax at all unless league wide salaries
exceed 55% of Basketball Related Income by more than 10%.  If it's less than
10%, the players pay the money back to the teams themselves!  If it exceeds
10%, the difference is made up by the overspending owners in the form of a
tax that is computed by a complicated formula based on BRI, not the cap.

Jim