Re: Point guard

"I am. . . Anonymous" wrote:

> And Pierce.  Is he worth the max given that our owner wants to stay
> under the salary cap?

Okay, what's the deal on the luxury tax? My understanding is 1) Richard
Pond has said that the Boston Celtics will not pay one cent of luxury
tax next season; 2) it is a one dollar tax on every dollar you are over
the salary cap. Is that how it works?

Given that Gaston's boys are currently considerably over the projected
cap this summer, with a payroll of 51.5 million, I assume that means
they need to shed some of their '01 free-agents (Stith, Palacio, Herren,
Carr, Griffin) to meet Richard Pond's "not one cent" pledge. It is
already past the deadline to move Kenny Anderson's contract for expiring
contracts. Right now I wouldn't want to be in Chris Wallace's shoes,
that 's for sure. Thank goodness the three Boston first-rounders for
Christian Laetner's expiring contract deal never happened. As for Paul
Pierce, I think they will wait until he is a free agent next year and
then match whatever he's offered. I think that's how that works.

Beat LA!  (it will happen, it will happen...)

-------