Re: BSG Says Walker Out Of Control

----- Original Message ----- From: Hironaka <j.hironaka@unesco.org>

> If we are to trade Antoine,  I'd only do it for a single player of equal
talent
> and potential (in other words a highly unlikely scenario), not two good
players
> one of whom could be a starter. For instance, say a player like Lamar Odom
if
> his failed drug test isn't something serious. We could reuinite him with
his
> old mentor Ernie DiGregorio, who is out of work. Not that this deal would
ever
> work, but you know what I mean.

Right on, Joe.  Isn't it usually true that the team that gets the best
player in a trade usually come out on top?  How many realistic trade
scenerios can anyone think of involving Antoine where he wouldn't be the
best player involved?  The last thing this team needs is a few more mediocre
players.  Add one more really good player to the team, preferably one who
plays inside and at both ends of the court, and the scrubs we have wouldn't
look so bad.  Of course, since no one gives up that kind of player if they
can help it, the Celtics either have to find a way to get a really good
draft pick, or an underused young player.  If they give up Pierce or Walker
to get one more really good player, they'll still need one more really good
player.

I will say this about what Mark Berry is trying to say, though.  I don't
think Antoine is a powerful enough inside player to be the primary power
forward on a very good team.  That doesn't mean I'd get rid of him, though.
I'd try to put the right complimentary pieces in place around him.  He needs
to play with some big men who can actually, you know, post someone up
occaisionally.

Jim

Jim