RE: BSG Says Walker Out Of Control

Dallas didn't get Nash in the trade involving Kidd. The Nash trade was a
more recent one that principally involved Dallas' first round draft pick,
which Pheonix ended up using to draft Shawn Marion.

I think the Dallas analogy is an interesting one. As well as they are
playing right now, I don't believe that the core of Nash, Finley, and
Nowitzki is really a championship contender on a regular team. I mean, it's
possible that Dallas may end up being a contender in the future, but I
think that is going to be by the "Portland method" of stocking up with
almost-star players by basically abusing Mark Cuban's financial edge. Take
that away and I think you get a team that looks more like Milwaukee --
dangerous but ultimately not dominating enough. And assuming the Celtics
don't get bought by a nutty billionaire, that could be what Boston ends up
looking like when built around Walker: a dangerous but not dominating team,
because Walker is ultimately a flawed potential superstar. On the other
hand, the Sixers have built a dominating team around their own flawed
superstar. The question is whether Walker can ever be at that level. And if
he can't, what do you do? Are you satisfied with being stuck with a good
but not great team? Or do you risk shuffling the pieces?

Alex