Re: Here We Go Again

 "Kestutis Kveraga" wrote:

> This may seem quaint, but I'd rather win a championship later with our
'home-grown' players than win one sooner by trading for established stars.
Now,
> this is purely hypothetical, of course, because, while the chances of
winning a championship with the current nucleus are slim, the likelihood  of
acquiring
> someone like Shaq, Kobe, McGrady, or even Webber is even smaller.  The>
satisfaction of seeing Walker, Pierce, JJ, KB, JF, Palacio et al. grow as
> players and people, and put it all together for a championship run would
be immensely greater than trading them for, say, Kobe & Webber to win the
17th
> championship next year.

This is a nice story but it obviously is doesn't work and Stockton and
Malone are the last of the breed. Using this philosophy we should have kept
or look to reacquire the likes of Montross, Dee Brown, Chauncey Billups, and
hey what's Dino Radja doing? We are probably still paying him ! You have to
show some huevos to build a team. It has been 16 years, and 10 since we have
seen a playoff game !

Jerry West went after Shaq, and took the risk on Kobe, that why they are the
champs. They didn't sit around saying "You know Vlade & Elden has been with
us for years now, lets wait it out, this is their year". The same with Eddie
Jones, Glen Rice, & Isaiah Rider. When they don't work out,  you move them.

Hopefully Kedrick is the sleeper of the draft. We are in drastic need of a
high flyer, but I really don't see us keeping all these perimeter players,
but the draft has added value.

If we can build a good nucleus with Pierce, Brown, Johnson & Forte, why
would a Webber, or Tim Duncan in 2 years be so unbelievable? It ain't gonna
happen if you don't try. As we sit pat the Clippers are passing us by.