Re: Redefining the game

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 01:34:32AM -0400, Georgek27@aol.com wrote:
> I have no problem with any of our picks individually but collectively I have
> to wonder. Is our plan under the new rules to have 5 guys bombing from 3 pt.
> land? If so, maybe we don't need an inside rebounder since rebounds from 3
> pointers often come out 10-15 feet or so.

I've no problem with Johnson and Forte.  We were pretty weak at the 2 spot,
which I think was our greatest need from a position standpoint.  Now it's
looking pretty strong.

A quote of Kedrick Brown says that he needs to work on his perimeter shot.
He says he's more of a slasher at this point.

> This is the first step of a roster overhaul that will probably take two years
> to complete.
> The fact that we didn't draft a PG may mean that Herren will get another shot
> (I hope!) but I fear it means that Walker will log serious minutes there. I

Well, during the draft Wallace mentioned Randy Brown in a way that hints
that Brown's role this season would be similar to last season.  So Herren
may be out, anyways, with Anderson, Randy Brown, Palacio and Walker playing
point.  I'm glad the C's took Forte at 21.  Maybe next year's draft will
have a better PG pool.

> would think that our draft means the end of the Celtic careers of Stith,
> Griffin, & Carr and that Sesar won't be coming stateside any time soon.

Sesar's numbers took quite a tumble his past season.  I'm curious as to
whether it was due to injury or what.  I think Stith and Carr are likely
to be let go.  I hope the C's resign Griffin for the minimum, since he
at least proved himself two seasons ago when he was healthy.

Francis