Re: atlanta trade

Wow, my take on this trade is that Vancouver looks set to add Yao Ming or
Jason Williams next year. Talk about excellent long-term planning.

Right now I feel the Grizzlies have the worst roster in the NBA, and
Gasol's not going to help right away. Maybe Gasol would step in and replace
SAR's producation, but I wouldn't bet on him putting up even half that in
his first few years.

As for the Brevin Knight acquisition in any way signalling that Bibby is
also tradeable to Washington, I find this implausible as well. Of course
Vancouver could very well trade Bibby and go with Knight as their point
guard, but not for any other reason than to tank the season and start from
ground zero as an expansion team.

If Boston had made this same trade with Walker (as was hypothetically posed
as a question to the list) I would prefer they used the top-three pick on a
different player. I'd zero in on Kwame, Griffin or Curry.

Pau Gasol over Tyson Chandler? Yeah fine, whatever. But I'd go with Eddie
Griffin or the other two in a heartbeat.

Pau Gasol is basically step one of the grander Yao Ming/Jason Williams
sweepstakes for the Grizz. That's really how I view it, for what it's worth.

Joe

-----