Re: bskball reports:

At 11:31 27/06/01 -0500, you wrote:
>BOSTON: The Boston Celtics have a deal in principal down with the Portland
>Trailblazers that may have them selecting Kendrick Brown at #11, and trade
>him, and him alone to Portland for Tony Parker if he can be selected at #19

This may be the perfect comic relief we all need. I've read this thing
three times in a row and still can't figure out how it makes any sense
without a laugh track. This is the type of trade the commisioner's office
would reject out of hand even if a "3 million" payoff to move into the
lottery wasn't involved, just on the basis of its sheer stupidity.

It is a crack-up what bskball can come up with sometimes. I'm trying to
picture the Portland GM phoning Wallace and saying, "Euroka, here's a
brilliant idea to revive our trade idea! Draft our guy at #11 and then
trade us him and HIM ALONE for our 19th pick!"  I just love the "him alone"
part.

Oh mercy....I'm not listening to any more Internet-based rumours tonight.

---