From: j.hironaka [mailto:j.hironaka@unesco.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 1:07 PM
To: Jaims; Celtics
Subject: Re: Tony Parker...

         Thanks for this info. If he's grown to 6-2 I'll feel a bit better
about him at #21. I'm still not sure Boston really needs to reach this far
out for a PG, in a draft that is rich at the other positions.

         Regarding the 2000 Nike Hoop Summit that every scouting report
refers to, Tony Parker (30 minutes, 6-11FG, 20 points, 7 assists, 3 TOs)
did in fact go head-to-head with top NBA draft rival Omar Cook (22 minutes,
4-6FG, 14 points and 6 assists, 4 TOs). It is hard to draw any conclusions.

         One thing you can say for Parker, he faced wave after wave of
McDonald's All American point guards and held his own. Chris Duhon came up
with 13 points, 6 assists and 2 turnovers. Andre Brown (1-5) and Michigan
State's Marcus Taylor (5-13) also played.

         This was only one game, and far from conclusive in terms of the
result (compared to Nowitzki's superb Hoop Summit coming out party), but
Tony Parker's team held it's own despite having its best known players
dropped from the team at the last minute (Kirilenko and Yao Ming). This was
Olumide Oyedeji's finest hour (25 points, 13 rebounds). Zach Randolph and
Darius Miles poured in 46 points and 16 boards for Team USA.

         I'm sure Moiso is sitting somewhere  on the French Riviera beach
hoping "Mini-Me" gets selected by Boston, so he can have someone to sit
next to on the bench to crack Dubya jokes in French and reminisce about how
cool Mickey Rourke was. ;-)

-----