No Subject

	I'm becoming very curious about Tony Parker, the 19-year-old who is listed
as slightly smaller in height and weight than Kenny Anderson.  Unless he is
as quick as Allan Iverson, you'd think he might get beat up and posted up
in our league. His numbers last year (14 points or so) don't seem to
justify all the media frenzy over his rise to the top of the point guard
pool. I like rooting for the little guy, but I'm just a bit curious about him.

	The NBA Draft is certainly becoming a big event with journalists
scrambling around for scoops to fill their bylines with. So it could well
be some of the subsequent hype generated on individual players goes well
beyond the actual thinking of GMs inside the draft war rooms. For fans like
me, the more information out there the merrier I say. But still I really
wonder how much of what's reported reflects the real thinking of GMs? For
instance, after Katz bumped Kedrick Brown up 8 places to #11, two other
major sports sites put him there as well from out of nowhere. Are these
news sources mostly competing with each other, or did all three Web sites
independently confirm Kedrick Brown's rise up the charts?

	If we do draft Pau and Tony, we may as well join the United Nations. Add
Yao Ming next year and we've got most of the Security Council seats locked up.

***