RE: Things heating up

Here's my line of reasoning: Brown/Chandler are 1-2. Curry seems set at 4.
Golden State already has Antawn Jamison, a 'tweener forward, so they don't
seem like a good fit for Rodney White. They also have been burned by taking
the "safe" route more than any other team (it's how they ended up with
Adonal Foyle over McGrady and Todd Fuller over Kobe Bryant), so I'm ruling
out Battier (if he's the slider). If it's Griffin or Gasol, I'm just going
on a hunch between the two, and believe they take Gasol (if I'm wrong, Gasol
very easily could fall in the Celts' laps at 10). That gets you to 6, where
the rumored trade is Detroit moving up specifically for Rodney White. Then
you're to 7 and Griffin/Battier is officially sliding. New Jersey might take
either guy, but then Richardson becomes the slider. Then you're to
Cleveland. They seem to be zeroing in on Joe Johnson. Would they switch and
take the Griffin/Battier/Richardson slider? Battier, maybe. The others? If
it's Griffin, the whispers about his character are going to get louder, and
any team drafting him at this point is doing so sight unseen. Who would they
choose between Richardson and Johnson? Hard to say, but you'd have to think
they'd err on the side of caution and take the guy they know more
thoroughly... Johnson. Then you're at 9 and Vancouver (assuming the trade
happens) and they supposedly have targeted Diop. Now, they are considering
Richardson at 6, so if Jersey passes on him and he slides to 9, they
certainly could take him and leave Diop for the Celts. But if it's Griffin,
doesn't he kind of dupliate Shareef? And if it's Battier, is his upside
great enough to pass on Diop? Of course, this all depends on Atlanta. If
they take Rodney White, everything is in flux again. Washington still may
trade down. Who knows? But I do think the potential is there for a Paul
Pierce-type slide.

I know I'll get killed for saying this, but I think Battier excites me the
least of the top 10 picks. He may very well be the rookie of the year, but I
think he's destined to be a nice role player. The Celts certainly could use
that, but I have my sights set a little higher at this point.

Mark