Re: Antoine Walker/Draft

John Lyell wrote:

<<You seem to put a lot of blame on the coach.>>

Yes I do.

 Maybe he made a lot of
> substitution and acquisition errors but he is the one getting their ass
> beat
> every night on defense. I think we were in the last 5 in D (a good
> reason to
> take Richard Jefferson). I guess you will find a way to blame the coach
> for
> that also?>>

I believe the words "headless chicken monkey outbreak" speak for
themselves.  Antoine Walker wasn't the architect of that defense, which
was the most ill-conceived NBA strategy since Paul Westhead left Denver.
Again it boils down to Pitino's megalomania -- develop this complex
pressing/trapping scheme that works great in college, then pout when
professional opponents are able to beat it night in and night out with a
few easy passes.

Again, I think the main reason the Cs are one of the worst defensive teams
in the league is because they're one of the nicest.  Forget the next Kobe
or KG.  Get me the next Dave "Now THAT's a motherf*%&ing foul" Cowens.
Get me the next Silas.  I'm not suggesting getting scum like a Laimbeer,
who deliberately tried to injure people, or a Sprewell, who's murderous
OFF the court.  But how 'bout an Iverson, whose toughness is even more
impressive than his crossover?

<<As far as averaging 20, how many NBA players would also if they
averaged 20-25 shots a game?>>

But they don't.  By the way, how many shots does Allen Iverson average?
What about Glenn Robinson?

<<Greg Kite could give us 14 a game.>>

But he didn't.

<<It has been pretty obvious Walker has not worked out with the shape his
has came in camp the last 2-3 years.>>

You may be right.  Then again, maybe that ankle injury was worse than we
were told.

<<Kobe's an all-star who has two rings, something Walker may never get. I
assume you think he played no part in these?>>

Don't think Kobe played "no part".  But I think he had a little help.

Michael Gooen