Re: Antoine Walker/Draft

We have had something like 16 years for drought, and when was the last time
we went to the playoffs 1990? we have a longer playoff drought than the
Clippers! We have been waiting for Walker since we drafted him, and this is
the first year he has spent any time in the offseason trying to become a
better player. Not a lot of dedication where players like Kobe and Pierce
have worked to improve their game.

I would move him for a chance at Brown or Curry in a second. Are they going
to have an immediate impact? Probably not, but good big men come along once
every 10 years. Look at the centers in the East and that will tell you how
hard they are to come by, and why they always get dominated by the West.

Walker has proven to be a tweaner who can't, or does not want to,  play the
4, nor the 3, or any defense, has limited jumping ability, and thinks he's
the next Magic Johnson. Personally I don't think a player that jacks up
something like 500 3's a year isn't going to take us to the next level,
especially if they play him at point. Several NBA coaches including Danny
Ainge have stated Walker is not the player to build a franchise around. Yeah
the offseason workouts is a good thing, maybe some time with Jordan will
bring him down to earth.

Do you think there is an inside player available at 10 that can help and is
not a reach ?

I agree on Gasol and hope this is some smoke as he doesn't address our
problems. We could take Radmanovic and Jefferson or Tinsley and upgrade two
spots. A lot of teams are looking for perimeter players due to the rules
change though. I like Jefferson on the defensive side as we sucked last year
and I think he could give Iverson problems and be the type of player to keep
Kobe, Mcgrady or Allen somewhat in check.