Antoine Walker/Draft

John Lyell wrote:

<<Would you move Antoine Walker for a
chance at Kwame Brown?>>

NO.

John, is there anyone presently in the NBA, or presently eligible for the
NBA draft, for whom you would NOT trade Antoine Walker?  Why are you so
desperate to get rid of him?  What makes you think any of these unproven
18 year olds will ever be any better than Toine is right now, let alone
how he may be after a Pitino free summer when he seems to be devoting
himself to conditioning and scrimmaging with Jordan?

I will repeat my plea to Messrs. Wallace and Papile -- PLEASE GET SOME
INTERIOR HELP.  I see the name "Pau Gasol" and I hear Walt Frazier making
gleeful (and for once, linguistically appropriate) references to "matador
D".  I see the Cs getting outrebounded game after game down the stretch
last year.  Height is nice.  Wingspan is nice.  Hops are nice.  But
doesn't Walter McCarty have all of those?  Give me a Paul Silas.  Give me
a Dennis Rodman (minus the non-basketball related psychosis).  Give me a
Jerome Williams, or anyone else who merits a nickname like "Junkyard Dog".
 Give me a mean-ass SOB who'd elbow his little sister in the chops to grab
an offensive rebound and clothesline his mother before giving up a layup.
Let's use this draft -- or at least 2/3 of it -- to get tougher.

Michael Gooen