Will Solomon

I don't post to the list very often, but the mentions of Will Solomon in the
draft plans by Jim O'Brien really surprised me. And if we really are
interested in him as seriously as Ray states, then I thought the list might
be interested in some info about him.

As a student at Clemson (Solomon's school in SC), I have watched him pretty
closely the past few years. You'd think this would make me biased for him,
but I have no interest in him at all. He's all wrong for the Celtics, a
shooting guard stuck in a point guard's body. He's no bigger than 6'1 and
slight of build. He's a selfish player who was more interested in getting
his stats than wins. That being said Clemson has been at the bottom of the
ACC the past two years. He's not a player who sets up his teammates. Any
assists he got would be after dribbling the ball around the perimeter
between his legs for 25 seconds than finally sending a bullet pass to an
open teammate who had been open for about 5 seconds. He is a good open court
player, but it wasn't him who pushed the ball, it was our point guard. He
would just set up at the three point line on the break, we don't need
another player like that.
He also trash talks alot, and is quite full of himself.

As far as strengths, he is a very good shooter, which must be why Wallace
and co. are interested. He has really long arms for a player his height, and
is a pretty good defender. He is a fluid athlete who probably would show out
well in individual workouts.

The guy definitely is not a leader nor does he have the point guard
mentality. If we want to get a point guard who can run a team, Jamaal
Tinsley is the only way to go. We need someone with the grit to tell Walker
to get in the post, or to tell Pierce to stop driving into traffic. Tinsley
is the only one who qualifies in this draft, otherwise anyone interested in
signing Tim Hardaway to a one year contract?