Look at this:  K. Martin,1, D. Miles, 3, Mike Miller,5, C. Alexander,
12, Cleaves, 14, D. Mason, 17, Q. Richardson, 18, Mo. Peterson, 21.
Those are the contributors from last year's draft.  More from the
second ten played well; that's the point.  Now, Swift, Dooling,
Crawford, Dermar Johnson--all could come along.  But drafting their
"potential" hasn't helped their teams, yet.

That's why I am glad we're not in the crapshoot level of this draft,
from #1 to #5.  I wouldn't mind trading down with #11 for Houston's
#13 and #18, for instance, if we gave something to equalize that deal.
 The odds seem to favor players who appear to have developed their
potential in college.  Why?  Because they have developed their
potential and can play the game.

That's why Jordan is after White and Tinsley, if we believe the
reports.  I hope that our gurus remember that Pierce and Walker are
our two guys and we need to put defense/rebounding around them--not
second tier players, but top ballplayers who don't need to be the man.
 That's why the Gasol pick makes no sense to me.  He's only helpful if
he becomes Nowitski; well, we have Pierce already.  Get us a 15/10 man
instead.  Cheers.  Gene