Re: We are in decent shape

you got some interesting ideas. pls hear mine:

"Jrogers" <jrogers1@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>1st things 1st - release McCarty, and Randy Brown

this ain't happening, knowing our ownership's history (I would do the
same if it is my money). Waltah is beginning to be productive towards
end of the season. Only hope we can have is some under the cap team
takes him for a 2nd round pick.

cut Brown?? not only do we have to eat the 5 mil salary (it stays on
the cap), we are losing someone who is keeping the youngsters under
control (Pitino calls it veteran presence) and I believe Palacio (and
our PGs) can learn much from him. Only way I see him leaving is IF he
decides not to pick up the option on 02/03 salary.

>>Get rid of Kenny and Eric Williams - take anything!  any shorter contract.
>>if not, try to package one or both of them with Vitaly.  if not, release
>>Kenny.

easier said than done, give us more concrete ideas, ok? release
Anderson and his 17mil??? it doesn't help us at all in salary cap
matters.

>>Vitaly has got to go.  He will be a good back-up center on another team.
>>But he's not for our team, we look scared when he's in.  He's rough and
>>tough but the other players look scared of what he may or may not do on
>>either end.  He does not instill confidence.  We could probably get a team
>>to take E. Williams too.  I don't think that we need to look for too much
>>back, getting rid of E's contract is pretty good.  Maybe 2 more 2nd round
>>picks.

I think V is coming on strong ever since OB called the shots. V now
knows his role on the team as the instructions are clearer (no monkey
outbreak system anymore). Let's be patient 1 more season. I am sure V
will be worth his 33mil/7year contract this coming season.

>>Adrian Griffin  -  injured = released, healthy=playing.  He must produce, or
>>he's gone.

I think Andrian himself said in some Wichita newspaper he would be
likely gone, as the "Celtics are shopping around". I wish otherwise.

>>Herren  - give him a chance, but expendable if there is no production.

I think we don't draft any PG this coming draft, Herren would likely
be resigned. I think Palacio is higher on Wallace lists to be
resigned.

>>Center- Blount,
>>PF- Battie,Moiso
>>SF- Walker, Griffin
>>SG- Pierce, Stith, Carr
>>PG-Milt Palacio, Herren
>>

>>That's 10 total players,  that leaves 5+2injury spots available hopefully
>>with some cap space at least in the near future.  3 rookies + 2veterans and
>>2 IRs.

what about Kris Klack? We have been deferring him to the Euro/CBA
leagues last 2 years, we can't be holding his rights forever. Klack
would likely want out if we don't add him to the roster this season.
Time is ticking on Klack's youth (and uppppside)

And don't forget Josip Sesar, ya? We keep saying we need a 3rd scorer,
well we ought to give this euro guy his shot. In any case, we already
"invested" 2 second round picks in this guy.