Ranking

I've been toying with the idea of this draft being deep, i.e. having
more NBA quality players than the usual draft.  So, I ranked the top
30 according to what I've read about them.  The categories are:  l.
Good odds on being productive in the NBA.  2.  Ability but it hasn't
been proven adequately as of yet.  3.  Purely potential with little
else.

These are in my order of choice within their category:

l.  E. Griffin, K. Brown, R. White, J. Johnson, J. Richardson,
Battier, J. Tinsley, R. Jefferson,  M. Bradley, T. Hassell, G. Arenas,
J. Trepangier.  (These, imo, have a solid shot at a career in the
league--not all starters, and only the top 4-6 becoming stars.)

2.  P. Gasol, Radmanovic, L. Woods, Z. Randolph, O. Cook, S. Clancy,
J. Forte, S. Hunter, B. Haywood, T. Murphy, A. Jones, J. Collins
(some of these will stick, even be standouts, but some will lack
speed, height for their position, or zest & zeal)

3.  E. Curry, Diop, Chandler, Wallace, even Cisse
(several of these are the bigtime potential boys, but who really can
say what will happen with them)

My suggestion is this: (besides I'm probably full of it) that with
three picks we should lean heavily toward the top two categories.  We
need a hit on two of three choices to make a leap forward.  Cheers,
Gene